We are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader of the Connected Car, Connect Truck and broader Industrial Internet of Things marketplace. Currently, we are seeking a Field Application Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company’s success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.
In particular, we offer:
• 5+ year work experience, preferably related to qaulification but consideration given.
• Good knowledge of GSM & GPS useful.
• Comfortable customer facing at all levels.
• Ability to learn CalAmps scripting language is essential; note this is not C or Python etc. but a much simpler line by line Event based system used to control telematics devices.
• Full driving licence + car essential.
• Professional, mature self-starter as this is a homebased role initially.
• Ability to do 10-20% travel. Travel throughout Europe and potentially South Africa.
• Full training (UK & US options).
• HNC/D or Degree – Electronics/Software/Robotics or related.
If you are an experienced Field Application Engineer with an interest in the Internet of Things domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.